Negotiable depending on experience
0203 216 2587
over 1 year ago
I am currently looking for a Technical Artist to take on the exciting challenge of working for one of the world's biggest studios, on their latest AAA project.
This individual will have a track record of producing visually stunning games, and will bridge the gap between Art and Code, overseeing how in-game art work is integrated into the project to the highest artistic and technical standard.
• Work with the art team to optimize in-game assets (meshes, lighting, post-processes, shaders, and materials) and ensure budgets are met
• Author materials with the UE4 material editor and ensure they’re efficient
• Help the Design and Art teams to ensure levels are in-budget
• Help maintain art pipelines, enhancing tools and processes that aid the art department.
• Provide guidelines and documentation in the asset creation stage of the project.
• Communicate effectively between art and code.
• Constantly drive the visual fidelity of the game.
Key Success Criteria:
• To ensure tools and deliverables are kept to schedule.
• Work with engine teams to ensure art assets and materials are optimised; that they adhere to budgets
• Work with the Art Director to maintain the vision and style of the game.
• To deliver the quality and technical excellence to produce world class games.
• Maintain and improve new skill sets and pipelines to achieve best possible outcome.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 3+ years professional game development experience, shipped at least one AAA title.
• Material or shader authoring experience (E.g. Unreal Material editor or HLSL)
• Understanding and experience of graphics content optimization.
• Knowledge of Maya.
• Have an artistic eye for detail and visual flair as well as the technical skill set
• Excellent complex problem-solving and communication skills across both artistic and technical disciplines.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Unreal Engine is desirable
• Familiarity of working in an Agile environment.
• Knowledge of Python scripting.