£50000 - £80000 per annum
0203 216 2587
about 1 year ago
- Daily support for Art and Tech teams.
- Problem solving for key production issues.
- Recognising inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifies solutions.
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner.
- Developing tools & scripts for 3rd party software (Max, Photoshop) and in-house tools.
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
- Liaise between Art and Engine programming teams on a daily basis to facilitate production needs.
- Regularly profile scenes and highlight/address issues with relevant individuals
- Excellent understanding of Pixel & Vertex Shaders.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: HLSL or GLSL, Python, C++, Java, MAXScript or MEL.
- Understanding of 3D Math functions (linear algebra & vector maths) for real time graphics.
- Knowledge of 3dsmax, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter & Unreal Engine toolsets.
- Experience with geometry or compute Shaders a bonus.
- Experience working on shipped titles for consoles, as either Technical Artist or Artist.
- Experience using profiling tools for performance reviews and optimisations.
- Experience with creative coding frameworks a bonus.
- Solid understanding of art optimisation techniques.
- A strong artistic ability, shown preferably within real-time game engines.
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools and systems that enable artists.
- Train TA’s in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
- Oversee and drive the whole team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Be a role-model for the team by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance and mentoring.
- Work very closely with the Art Director to understand and establish the vision and evangelise this to the team.