£40000 - £50000 per annum
0203 216 2587
over 1 year ago
This award winning games studio is looking for an experienced Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, game modes, and scripted events.
- The position offers a great chance to work on design and develop new features for the huge world map on their flagship title, working closely with the Lead Designer and the Game Director. You’ll also be the “go to” person for the implementation of complex systems that stretch the capabilities of the engine and challenge the expectations of the players.
- Your real areas of impact will be to develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible and to pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development – in a System/Tech Designer capacity
- 2 or more shipped titles for PC/next-gen consoles
- Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
- Knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remains positive, and motivate your team.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Group Private Medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover.