0203 216 2589
over 1 year ago
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Lead AI Programmer will manage the growing team of AI coders and drive through all aspects of an ‘AAA’ game’s AI requirements in accordance with the Technical Director’s lead. Working and managing the team every day, the Lead AI Programmer will enforce and inform the Technical Director’s vision of the project, hold reviews and provide feedback to the team, lead-by-example, and push the boundaries of AI coding for video games.
- Work very closely with the Game Director and other leads to understand and establish the vision and evangelise this to the team.
- Lead a team with industry wide renown in the creative vision for the project. Conduct regular reviews and manage the coding team to excellence.
- Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance and mentoring.
- Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
- Manage the AI programmers on your team, including regular one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- Manage the AI code schedule and bugs to minimise risk and ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Oversee, advise and drive the whole AI team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Implement AI gameplay features to a high quality.
- Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
- To work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the AI features being implemented.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Experience working on and shipping at least three AAA video game titles.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- A good understanding of modern AI techniques as used in AAA games.
- Unreal Engine experience an advantage.
- Strong, demonstrable video game design skills.
- A good understanding of game technology principles.
- Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Private family medical care
- Private dental care
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long-service holiday reward
- Brand new custom designed studio
- World class training speakers hosted on-site
- Access to multiple online training websites
- Monthly team meals/outings
- On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga, Life Drawing & Parking