0203 216 2589
over 1 year ago
Members of the Online Games Programming team are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems to support our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
they work closely with the design, UI and online services teams to craft client-side support for external services and APIs such as matchmaking, VOIP, profile and social interaction systems. you are also responsible for creating and maintaining client-side support for analytics and telemetry, working in partnership with the product and player insights team. In addition, we collaborate closely with the gameplay and design teams to seamlessly connect game features with external services.
You excel at:
Taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion.
Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
Ensuring that our games are robust and error-tolerant, aiming to provide the best possible player experience at all times.
Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
Professional experience integrating external APIs with game clients, including Xbox Live and/or PSN.
Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
Experience developing supporting systems for online games such as VOIP, profile services, matchmaking, social interaction systems and telemetry.
Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design supporting systems.
Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
Perks and Benefits
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program