A world class game studio that is all about developing a ground breaking game is looking for a superb Games Network Programmer to join the team and work on a leading AAA Game. Working in a co-operative, cross-disciplinary team environment you will implement the client/server network functionality of Cloud Imperium’s games.
Your work will be varied and you will face many exciting challenges at the cutting-edge of online game development. Duties include working on our core network library, helping programmers from other teams to network systems and game features, integrating the client and server with our backend services, as well as working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers.
This represent a chance to work on a great game that will change the industry you will recognised by the community for creating a fantastic experience, you will be working with a very passionate and creative team, fantastic people to learn from grow with and develop
This role will build you as a programmer and give you excellent achievements and key legacies for your career.
- Working on our core network library
- Helping programmers from other teams to network systems and game features
- Integrating the client and server with our backend services
- Working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
- Experienced in TCP and UDP network programming
- Online game development experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Development experience in Windows and Linux
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative team environment
- MMO development experience
- Experience with client/server development including security and network traffic management
- Lumberyard development experience
- Space combat sim development experience
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products