competitive base + accommodation + allowance
0207 929 2999
over 1 year ago
This role is a once in a lifetime opportunity and requires relocation to New Zealand. It is your chance to take what you do very well, “Large scale AV Project Management” across to amazing and picturesque landscapes.
You role will include overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a large scale construction-based project. You will be required for to join the team on a fixed term 18 - 20 month contract.
Ideally you should have a fit-out background and very strong contract management skills.
Your main responsibilities would include;
- Assist with Contract and Programme Negotiation and planning.
- Take responsibility for raising, tracking and managing any delays to the timing of each stage, including dependencies not being met.
- Analyse all risks and assess the impact to the overall project completion, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events to initiation mitigation action.
- Management of programme variations, delays and extension of time claims.
- Ensure required documentation is created and circulated on time through the right channels and that stakeholder processes are followed to mitigate financial risks
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure adequate resources are allocated to the project as required plus implement and manage any subcontractors as required.
- Assume responsibility for the financial planning and monitoring of the project. Continually forecast and keep management informed of forecasts and changes and manage the scope meticulously.
- Develop contacts and manage relationships with stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors,
- Keep the stakeholders informed of progress and set and manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget or timeline if required.
- Prepare reports on progress of projects and circulate via suitable media to various stakeholders as required, ensuring reports are delivered within the required timeframes and any issues or project impacts are raised without delay.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off from required parties when closure of a milestone is attained and or an area is handed over. Ensure responsibility for the completed area is then formally handed over and accepted by the client.
- Knowledge and competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, HR management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and report, documentation and record keeping.
- Get up to speed with regards to the 3910 V2013 Contract
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings and knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with various stakeholders from different disciplines.
- Negotiating skills within a context of conflicting interests of various stakeholders
- Excellent Planning and Time Management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal) and competence in clear, concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and colleagues.
- Ability to build teams and generate a spirit of cooperation and motivation while coordinating diverse activities.
- Ability to analyse and review financial and related budgetary information to determine the impact on a project.
- Work well under pressure and easily adapt to changing or challenging circumstances
- At least 10 years’ experience in construction project management delivering large scale projects
- Ability to think on your feet, problem-solve, multi-task and work under pressure while keeping your finger on the pulse.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage all aspects of Health and Safety
- Hold a CCNSG/ACE Card
- Represent the business professionally, knowledgeably and with credibility