0203 216 2589
about 1 year ago
Our Client is a leading Game studio that is looking for Senior AI Programmer (f/m/d) who will drive the development of AI related features on the Project,
You will be responsible for the overall architecture of AI systems and their interaction with animation, gameplay and other systems, as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. You will be working closely with other leads and people from different disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- Design and develop of AI architecture and features.
- Design, implement and maintain game and engine systems.
- Implement and optimise AI systems and game features in C++.
- Set priorities and plan the roadmap and tasks for team members to achieve objectives set by producers in good time and to high quality.
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
- 5+ years of development experience and shipped at least 1 title.
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering.
- Strong programming skills in C++.
- Proficient in refactoring and optimising existing systems.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles.
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members.
In addition, we are looking for:
- Someone with a strong technical ability and passion for navigation and pathfinding. The subject matter is challenging and requires driven development.
- Experience working in virtual/distributed teams: people developing the tech are located in different studios, which needs constant attention to make sure that everything continues smoothly.
- Ideally, they should have and maintain a good overall view of the project. We strive to improve communication between coders and team members in different disciplines.
- Someone with a solid production mindset.
- Experience in development with Console SDKs (PS4 and Xbox)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.