About the Role
|Responsible for overall yield management and instrumental in providing feedback to senior leadership on driving efficiencies and portfolio optimisation.
The role supports and interlinks into multiple functions in the media team and across buying units across business development, trading, analyst and commercial operations. The Yield Manager will report into the Head of Video Operations with close contact to the Head of Video Investment and will be in regular contact with senior leadership in Product and Trading teams.
The ideal candidate will have worked within digital broadcasting and/or programmatic space with experience in yield and portfolio management and with strong analytical skills.
They will have a strong understanding of the market both commercially and technically; with the ability to explain the various companies that operate in the space from SSPs to Ad exchanges, DSPs and Ad Networks.
- Oversee day-to-day yield management across all demand and supply sources, including performance monitoring, identifying and implementing enhancements, issue identification and escalation
- Base all decisions on empirical data using appropriate analytical techniques and with a strong appreciation of where assumptions are being made
- Be the bridge between Media Managers and Tech Ops/Product team, making sure both Commercial and Product are aligned
- Proactive supply portfolio optimisation based on demand sources needs
- Support delivery and management of commercial product and project objectives and strategy across internal buying units and external publisher and technology partnerships
- Main POC for the demand sources Ops team on demand/supply optimisation
- Optimisation to meet agreed performance KPIs and maximise yield
- Provide inputs and thought leadership around demand and supply portfolio, including requirements for success and optimal use of the technology.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly performance analysis and report back to senior leadership
- Help determine publisher selection, pricing and volume
- Produce regular recommendations on how campaign strategy should be amended for future bookings
Attributes & skills required in the role
- Strong communication skills; personable, charismatic
- Commercially minded– relationship management to senior leadership and cross team stakeholders with strong business acumen
- Deep understanding and experience of video SSPs, DSPs, adservers and the wider programmatic landscape
- Evidence of technical comfort and basic to advanced understanding of internet functionality
- Effective time management skills and goals oriented – ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills - evidence of having approached problems from a mathematical perspective and working through to a solution in a logical way
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Thought leadership - ability to work independently and put forward original ideas for improved efficiencies and ways of working based on learnings in role
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Dedicated to attaining team and personal goals
- Must be comfortable with MS Excel, data analysis, and internet technologies and able to build efficient reporting dashboards