Salary dependent on experience
0203 216 2589
over 1 year ago
Our client is a highly regarded and worldwide recognised independent Developer, they are looking for a Lead Environment Artist join the organisation in Canada, Sponsorship is available.
There first title has a solid fan base with millions of active users and they are currently working on their highly anticipated sequel, due this they are needing to hire more gaming Professionals to join the organisation.
This is a great studio to work for highly creative, and fast paced if you come up with a good idea it can be implemented quickly in the game.
As a Lead Environment Artist at a small independent studio, you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities from creating art to organizing the department, communicating with production, facilitating feedback and working with other leads to execute the vision for the games we make.
• Organize, plan and lead the environment art team
• Continue to personally produce high-quality photorealistic art on a daily basis
• Establishing a quality bar and direction for other artists on the team and being responsible for the teams' ability to execute and reach that quality bar
• An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high-quality photorealistic environments
• 6+ years of professional game development experience
• At least 3 shipped titles
• Expert knowledge of game environment development processes, from sculpting to retopo, baking, uvs, texturing, etc
• Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
• Ability to provide an in-depth critique
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Personally motivated
• English speaking
• Passion for the medieval era and melee combat
• Experience with Unreal Engine
• Familiarity working with version control (we use Perforce) and task-management software (we use Jira)
• Background in traditional art
• Concept Art skills
• Particle FX skills
Benefits & Perks
• 4 weeks Paid vacation
• A no crunching policy
• Relocation assistance
• Flexible schedule
• Weekly happy hour
• Healthcare & benefits