Negotiable Based on Experience
0207 929 2999
11 months ago
You will work alongside designers, gameplay artists, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to implement the level and hub designs on the license-based games. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a senior programmer on a team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. The project you will be on will be an unannounced major IP built on a new engine currently in development. This gives you the chance to be involved in the new engine from day one, influencing its design and implementation.
- Work with animators, artists and designers to implement a level design.
- Provide creative input from a technical perspective into the level design.
- Using Utility AI, implement friendly party AI.
- Using Utility AI, Implement enemy AI.
- Using Utility AI, Implement Boss AI.
- Write reusable systems to help implement the above.
- Construct the streaming framework for the open world hubs.
- Create reusable and bespoke quests for the open world hubs.
- Create gameplay systems for the hubs (Races, Quests, Teleportation mechanic etc).
- Create bespoke mini-games.
- Use C++ and the scripting language to achieve the above.
- Write GUI systems.
- Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
- Make the game FUN!
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming game-play and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good.
- Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for game-play technology and associated tools.
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
- Mentor Junior Programmers.
- Analyse the design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in the games industry.