Negotiable Based on Experience
0207 929 2999
about 1 year ago
You will work alongside designers, gameplay artists, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to implement the level and hub designs on the license-based games. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a senior programmer on a team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. The project you will be on will be an unannounced major IP built on a new engine currently in development. This gives you the chance to be involved in the new engine from day one, influencing its design and implementation.
- Work with animators, artists and designers to implement a level design.
- Provide creative input from a technical perspective into the level design.
- Using Utility AI, implement friendly party AI.
- Using Utility AI, Implement enemy AI.
- Using Utility AI, Implement Boss AI.
- Write reusable systems to help implement the above.
- Construct the streaming framework for the open world hubs.
- Create reusable and bespoke quests for the open world hubs.
- Create gameplay systems for the hubs (Races, Quests, Teleportation mechanic etc).
- Create bespoke mini-games.
- Use C++ and the scripting language to achieve the above.
- Write GUI systems.
- Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
- Make the game FUN!
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming game-play and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good.
- Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for game-play technology and associated tools.
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
- Mentor Junior Programmers.
- Analyse the design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in the games industry.