£45000 - £55000 per annum
0207 929 2999
almost 2 years ago
The Audio Visual (AV) Systems Design Engineer works in conjunction with sales, pre-sales and project management. Your role is to take complex AV systems from inception to completion and client acceptance. The systems include, conference rooms, auditoriums, sound and projections systems, Video Conferencing (VTC) etc. Using AutoCAD and other technical design programs you will design video, audio, control, LAN and communications system solutions. The design process includes equipment and technology research and coordination with vendors. Assist with final system testing and client training.
- Develop designs that meet customer functional and budgetary requirements.
- Generating functional and connection-level drawings Design for video, audio, control, LAN and communications subsystems, including preparation of AutoCAD drawings and documentation.
- Experience specifying projectors screens and room design.
- Experience specifying and configuring sound reinforcement systems.
- Familiarity with audio video teleconference equipment.
- Provide equipment and technology research and coordination with vendors. Selection and qualification of equipment and software required for custom integration solutions.
- Developing detailed equipment lists and budgets.
- Developing cabinet layouts, equipment rack elevations layouts, etc.
- Provide continuous engineering support throughout the project, from inception through implementation.
- Support the systems installation crew.
- System and Equipment configuration, customer training and ongoing systems service.
Requirements- Five years of AV infrastructure design and installation experience.
- Familiarity with AMX, Crestron and other control systems.
- AV systems or broadcast design experience including installation, commissioning and end user training.
- Good range of knowledge of Audio Visual manufacturer's
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (architectural, mechanical, and electrical systems) and related documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage strict timelines and multiple installation teams in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with field personnel, management and customers.
- Professional certifications (CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I, CEDIA) are a plus.
- B.S, in related subjects