£40000 - £60000 per annum
0203 216 2587
8 months ago
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
Scope of Responsibility: You’ll contribute to a multi-discipline, highly agile game team of around 10 and will own the test strategy for everything created by the team. The Senior QA Engineer role knows how to approach manual test creation for different scenarios, what level of detail to use and what software packages to use in the creation of those tests: Test Sessions in JIRA, scripted suites TestRail or otherwise.
Effective vendor use: You’ll be performing in-sprint component testing yourself and organising other tests to be run by your external vendor team. The Senior QA Engineer sets the standard for test estimations and coordination processes, knows what good internal & external cohesion looks like and is confident at getting the most from vendor relationships.
Information, Reporting and Communication: The Senior QA Engineer is adept at creating tests that get the clearest results and then summarising that test data into useful, digestible, reports for the internal feature team to action. You will know when an email report is more effective than an instant message and when a face-to-face is the way to go.
Business Acumen and decision making: The Senior QA Engineer recognises the delicate balance between quality and other business priorities; knowing the ROI of testing and how to navigate difficult project decisions.
Best Practice and Mentoring:You will be evangelising QA best practices and running, mentoring and training for more junior members of the internal and external QA teams. As well as within the QA discipline, you’ll also be pivotal in representing the discipline during planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Strong initiative and ability to pro-actively self-manage; always looking for new and better solutions to existing challenges.
- Strong experience working in a game studio as part of a feature/sprint team or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Strong experience and effective use of external test teams to execute your test plans. (Task estimation, team organisation, task prioritisation, etc.)
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology (ideally in relation to mobile games or live-supported games).
- Previous experience with bug databases, preferably JIRA.
- Experience using a test management system, preferably TestRail.
- Strong experience taking part in sprints, being involved in planning, retrospectives and estimations
- Experience of QA within pre-production projects and prototyping phases
- Experience of Live Ops and Games-as-a-service projects
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certifications or equivalent certifications
- Experience working on mobile platforms: iOS, Android and Amazon
- Experience with testing client/server interactions
- Understanding of how software architecture influences the amount of testing required, including optimizing tests that utilize the same code paths.
- Familiarity with development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unity, Unreal or similar
- Familiarity with source control and branching, such as GIT or SVN
- Experience of technical areas and tooling: Network tools, Performance tools, Analytics tools, API test tooling, Automation frameworks, device farms, or similar