£60000 - £80000 per annum
0203 216 2564
over 2 years ago
Global Media Agency
We are looking for an experienced hands-on data scientist to lead the data science thinking and practice.
This role requires a curious and creative mindset to become an engine of change, while also a structured approach to support effectively global and market needs and spread state-of-the-art data science practices. The internal stakeholders are clients, account teams, digital execution teams, analytics practitioners and media analysts. The external stakeholders are clients and partners. It is also expected that the candidate can support and contribute to the overall data strategy in collaboration with other stakeholders, which entitles foster partnerships/initiatives with start-ups, universities, open-source groups, etc.
- Ensure on-schedule development of pre-agreed list of analytics solutions, and provide inputs for development of new solutions based on client and internal teams requirements - from prototypes to fully fletched solutions (we have resources to help on this)
- Coordinate the cloud-tech offering for data practitioners in collaboration with our data engineer, including driving best practices, standardisation and collaboration across the data scientists in the network
- Scout for state-of-the art technology/data-science practices/models or algorithms, and assess how can they impact the business (e.g. Deep ML and AI)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to address their challenges
- Develop analytics tools and solutions and coordinate their maintenance with Tech team
- Work with the wider business to foster the value of the data science practice. This includes the impact of branding and performance in the digital and offline world
- Assist markets with their data analysis initiatives, either to get control of their data or apply new techniques
- Drive thought leadership application of data science for the media industry, including digital analytics, addressable media, consumer behaviour, automation, etc.
- Support on scouting opportunities for new-business pitches and proposals
- Support senior leaders to maintain and implement an overall data strategy
Expertise and experience in
- Coding in Python (a must) and R. Other languages are desired as well but optional (Scala, Java script, etc).
- Fast prototyping of products solutions using open source technology for scalable pipelines (Spark, R-shiny, Dash/Flask, Play environment, etc.)
- Managing, accessing, querying structured/unstructured data bases (SQL, Hive, Mongo, etc.)
- Knowledge of modelling solutions (e.g. attribution) and Experimental designs (e.g. A/B and Multi-Variate testing) to support business decisions
- Big data analytics
- Digital media datasets (Ad Servers, DSP, DMP, AdWords, Viewability, Cross Device etc.)
- Commercial awareness, client/stakeholder handling and strong written and oral communication skills
- Media planning and marketing (including digital media across programmatic, search and paid social)
- Building and rolling out large-scale analytics initiatives within a global network
- Managing complex, multiple stakeholder engagements, in a fast-paced organization.