Salary dependent on experience
0203 216 2589
10 months ago
Junior Programmer - Console Unreal C++
We are looking for a Generalist Programmer to work across a wide range of systems, including gameplay, graphics and UI. If you love working with Unreal Engine and have a passion for multiplayer games, this will be a fantastic fit. You will be eager to jump aboard and immediately start contributing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
- Work with a variety of systems such as procedural mission elements, UI implementation, content creation tools, and character controllers.
- Work closely with designers and other content creators to create/improve gameplay systems.
- Apply solid engineering practices, minimize technical debt, and participate in code reviews.
- Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems.
- Work on a cross-platform codebase that includes the major consoles.
Essential skills & experience to be considered for this role:
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of Computer Science and C++ development.
- Show us that you have a strong foundation in Object Orientated software design and debugging.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with Unreal Engine.
- A passion for making and playing games with an eye for detail and feel for good gameplay.
Additional skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Strong C++ skills.
- Experience with implementing UI behaviors.
- Experience with a wide range of UE4 systems.
- Experience developing for PS4 & Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years software engineering experience.
- You have enjoyed working with remote partners.
- Know where Blueprints are great, and where it needs to be in C++.
- Constructively voices ideas and opinions to the team.
- Really understands how communication is most valuable.
- Be active and enthusiastic in cross-discipline discussions.