0207 929 2999
about 1 year ago
- 5 years of experience as a character artist, working on at least one AAA title.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create photorealistic character models, both at high and low resolutions.
- High level understanding and practical experience of highend character modelling, sculpting and PBR materials.
- At least one complete example of a realtime realistic character, including fully realised skin, hair and cloth.
- Some experience in a lead capacity would also be an advantage.
- High level experience with Maya, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter / Designer and Photoshop
- Indepth understanding of human and animal anatomy, including muscle positions (origin and insertion), bones and proportion.
- Good understanding of game topology, including edge flow and correct mesh creation for animation.
- Experience using the Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
- Highly accurate modelling with superb attention to detail.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Good understanding of realtime hair creation and knowledge of skin shaders.
- Taking ownership of larger art tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Using production design art packs and concept art to create highly detailed character models.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.