0203 216 2589
about 1 year ago
Our client is at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to our millions of players world-wide. Our Network programming experts enjoys the ongoing challenge to manage the complex interdependency of the tech elements which bring the game to bear in perfect harmony. This is a role to enable a global multiplayer network and as such requires true video games specialism.
- Programming multiplayer game and server features
- Take ownership for large game features or even complete platforms
- Liaise with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception to completion.
- Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead
- Fluent C++ deployed within a similar role in the games industry
- Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networks and extensive experience in relation to games
- Deep knowledge o& experience of the network libraries from at least one of the current games console platforms.
- A 2:1-1st class degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering.
- Experience using version control software in games
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code pertaining games networks
- Experience implementing multi-platform game client networking solutions on current console & PC platforms.
- Solid games industry track record, evidenced such as previously published products
- Desirable; C# and web server programming
- An ideal candidate will be highly experienced in the industry, driven and self-motivated with top-notch attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem solving skills proven in a games development environment
- Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- A demonstrable passion for and commitment to a career in games