Salary is negotiable
0203 216 2589
about 1 year ago
You play lots of games… across genres, platforms, and playstyles. You can articulate differences and similarities, and identify learnings and lessons. This knowledge helps you understand when a new idea may pay off or when it should be discarded and a refinement of past approaches would be more effective. You can map a desired player feeling into systems to produce it. You’re thoughtful about how all elements of a game work together to create the experience, and you enjoy working with everyone on the game team to make it happen.
You are especially effective at communicating and collaborating with peers, making sure everyone feels like they can contribute to the design. Seeing it all come together for the player makes you happy.
Examples of responsibilities
- Constant interaction with rest of team, always be curious and look for new ideas
- Living, evocative, visual documentation suitable for detailed analysis with other designers or broad stroke understanding across the entire team
- Providing concrete systems designs with numbers, rules, and mechanics worked out.
- Build mechanics tests in the engine - using level design and scripting tools as needed.
- Passion for and experience with high quality hands-on PvP FPS game building
- Experience from AAA live service and/or F2P games
- Shipped several products with some sort of role in systems or mechanics design.
- Advocacy for the player's experience and their creative involvement
- Enjoyment of creative collaboration - eager to design and share with others
- Familiarity with coding practice, art pipelines, or sophisticated systems design
- Professional English communication skills.