0203 216 2589
about 2 years ago
You play lots of games, including modern shooters. You’re able to articulate differences and similarities, and the essence of each experience. You have mastered the current design space and you’re willing to try new things and use your knowledge to find new ways to enable and excite players. You can incorporate new system mechanics and technical capabilities but advocate for refinement of past approaches when appropriate.
For you, level design is where all the aspects of the game come together into a player focused experience, and you love working with everyone on the game team to make that happen.
Examples of responsibilities
- Constant interaction with rest of team, always be curious and look for new ideas
- Building all sorts of levels - micro tests, simple grey boxes, beautiful corners, etc...
- Some amount of scripting/technical work to try out new things/make things work.
- Deep collaboration with the art team to drive the aesthetic of the game.
- Responsive to telemetry/live data to refine and understand the play experience.
- Passion for and experience with high quality hands-on PvP FPS game building.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine 4, level building and ideally some blueprint/scripting.
- Experience from AAA live service and/or F2P games
- Advocacy for the player's experience and their creative involvement
- Enjoyment of creative collaboration - eager to design and share with others
- Familiarity with coding practice, art pipelines, or sophisticated systems design
- Professional English communication skills.