0203 216 2589
11 months ago
Our client is currently looking for a are looking are hiring a passionate and highly motivated Senior Animator for our studio in Malmö, Sweden. As Senior Animator you’ll work with character animation and rigging, driving a team of animators and technical animators. The ideal candidate has experience with character and creature animation, facial animation, skeletal construction and point weighting. You will also have a focus on quality control for the animations created on the team and influence the work in the group. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels, working together with both other animators and programmers.
This is a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play an instrumental and leading role in a small but senior team. If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly!
At Expansive Worlds we consider us all being team players, hence leadership and guidance comes by nature. As a person you share our love for outdoor activities, recreation and passion for making great outdoors greater in our crafting. You bring experience in leadership positions where you’ve challenged and inspired others to be their best selves, personally and professionally.
- To plan, manage, coordinate and review the work of the animation team to ensure the highest quality
- To work closely with the Game Director and Lead/Senior Designers to establish the animation requirements in all areas of the game
- To ensure that the integrity of the animations and character behaviors are realized as intended in the build via regular reviews, establishing issues and advising on implementation and technical solutions.
- Actively participate in animation system and tech design, pipeline improvements, and all animation related problem solving
- To be a positive driving force that consistently leads by example
- Act as a role-model for the animation team by emphasizing project and company goals, provide feedback on performance, mentoring and training the Animators to achieve the best of their ability.
- Experience delivering multiple PC and console titles in a senior or lead animation role
- Passionate about animation with a high level of understanding of weight distribution, posing and timing
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both creatively and technically
- Animation, rigging, skinning, animation state trees and animation scripting
- Experience with facial animation, cinematography, cinematic related character
- Experience with multi-player related animation systems and open world games
- Have a passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends ideally an avid gamer!
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Malmö, Sweden.