dependant upon experience
0207 929 2999
over 1 year ago
This is a great role for a Market Analyst with a background in Video Games or eSports to join a growing research and analytics company in London. They work with a range of clients including Film Studios, Game Studios, Sports Rights Holders and Online Video Providers.
As a Market Research Analyst, the successful candidate will play a key role in establishing the games research team and bring their established research experience, industry contacts and market knowledge to the new role.
The role will provide data, analysis and insight focused on a cross-section of key areas of the global games market, as well as wider trends in the games and media industry. This position will focus on researching the fast-moving games market, analysing company strategies, technologies, and content trends.
• Take a leading role in the team in the creation of quantitative market size, market forecasts, and market analysis of the games and esports sectors. This will involve building market models, working with large datasets, and developing forecasts.
• Develop relationships with games publishers, developers and platforms; esports companies; and technology providers operating in the games sector. Conduct interviews with relevant industry participants to better understand their strategies and gain market insight and data.
• Cultivate and deepen your understanding of games business models, technologies, strategies, and opportunities.
• Provide regular written insight and analysis in the form of insight notes, reports and presentations.
• Respond to client enquiries and actively reach out to clients to help them solve their research challenges.
• Play an active role in developing sales leads and support the sales teams through the sales process.
• Present to clients, represent the company in the media to raise visibility, travel internationally on business, and speak at industry conferences.
• Experience in a business insights or industry analyst role focused on the games and esports sectors.
• Analytical skills, such as market tracking, industry research, qualitative analysis, forecasting and other research methodologies to derive valuable insights and robust predictions for a senior-level executive audience.
• Passion for playing games, games content and the business of games.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the research requirements of different companies in the games industry value chain.
• Experience of presenting data and insights to clients.
• A proven track record of developing sales leads, supporting the research sales process and client wins.
• Good understanding of the competitive landscape for games research services.
• Strong quantitative skills - experience with data collection and modelling is required.
• Familiarity with data-visualisation tools – such as Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI – would be nice-to-have
• A proven track record of innovating in research and developing products to suit client needs.