€35000 - €45000 per annum
0203 216 2564
almost 2 years ago
UI Designer - Mobile Games
This is a unique role for a top games studio in Barcelona, suitable for someone with a strong UI design background and ideally some UX and keen to build on this to be able to join the 2 elements of UI and UX perfectly. The main requirement is to have strong Art in UI so making assets.
- Go beyond UI asset production and integration and take ownership of information organisation, prioritisation and navigation flow in the game you work on
- Abstract a design’s goal, distilling the most important information the player needs to understand from it, to group and sequence it into simple flows
- Benchmark competition and extract key insights that apply to your game’s UI/UX
- Research and propose artistic styles for UI according to the project’s genre and audience to nail the best composition, colouring and rendering
- Produce prototypes for new features and flows and iterate on them fast based on collected feedback
- Be responsible for the UI implementation in-game and its asset management and optimisation
- Be ready to grow: we consider UI/UX part of the design team. While solid skills in UI implementation is the requirement for this position, we provide a growth environment so, in the long run, all UI/UX designers are able to design game features and lead UX Research.
The ideal candidate:
- More than 3 years working as UI artists or designer
- At least 2 full release cycles on mobile free-to-play games.
- Proficient user of Unity and Photoshop a requirement; mastery of Adobe XD, Protopie and/or After Effects or equivalent tools are strong bonuses
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Bonus: experienced leading UX Research
To give an idea of the current situation and benefits:
- Currently in Covid the team are having regular zoom catchups and receiving packages such as Smoothie Kits and Fruit Deliveries to their homes.
- Much more to come when the office returns such as team events and free breakfasts.
- All working from home until safe to reopen office and staff are ready but it is an office based role.
- 25 days holiday
- Private health insurance
- 3pm Friday finish
- Device budget for new starters
- Professional Development and Training budget
- Relocation assistance