Salary dependent on experience
This award winning studio is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior AI Programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms. This role will involve identifying and applying relevant AI techniques and approaches to drive NPC and player behaviour.
- To be responsible for driving AI features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish.
- To work with the code and design leads to prioritise feature development.
- To work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the AI features being implemented.
- To provide support for the design team on the use of all AI features.
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process.
- To be proactive and help with problem solving.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Experience working on and shipping at least one AAA video game title.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- A good understanding of modern AI techniques as used in AAA games.
- Unreal Engine experience an advantage.
- Strong, demonstrable video game design skills.
- A good understanding of game technology principles.
- Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Private family medical care.
- Private family dental care.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent annual bonus scheme.
- £1,000 to £5,000 Finder’s fee for helping recruitment.
- 25 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays per year.
- 2 days off per year to support a charity of your choice.
- Studio closes between Xmas and New Year (Discretionary)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support.
- Tons of studio clubs to help you get to know people:
- Comic book, War gaming, Board games, Home brewing, Chess, New Parents, Photography, Film nights
- Yoga 5x per week at lunchtimes in our mocap room.
- Football 2x per week at lunchtimes.
- Life Drawing 1x per week in the evening.
- World class training speakers hosted on-site.
- Access to multiple online training websites.
- Access to entire DC back catalogue on Comixology.
- Monthly team meals
- On-site subsidised Masseuse.
- Quarterly salary & promotion reviews.
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process.
- Subsidised gym in the office complex.
- Staff only merchandise store.
- State of the art office with the entire 190+ dev team in 1 open-plan room.
- Free vending machine snacks, fruit, juices and soft drinks.
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan.
- Discounted bicycle equipment to encourage biking to work.
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support).
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses.
- Gym Pass – 70% discount with access to 1495 gyms.
- Back up care benefit – reduced cost of nurseries, in home nannies, holiday clubs or adult personal care workers.
- Game and Book library.