Salary dependent on experience
This award-winning studio is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Technical Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next-generation platforms. Developing and maintaining asset pipelines for Animation, Audio, Environment, Characters, Weapons, Props, Vehicles and VFX.
- Developing and maintaining asset pipelines will include:
- Asset workflows – Working with art teams to refine the way content is created.
- DCC & Standalone tooling – Coding solutions with Python and QT.
- Asset management – Folder and asset naming schemes.
- Asset tracking – Using systems to give an overview of the status of all assets.
- Asset import/export – Getting the correct data transferred between DCC and Engine.
- Asset validation – Using rule-based systems to reduce human error and ensure the reliability of the content.
- Automation – Tooling of repetitive tasks to free up artist time and reduce human error.
- Creating and maintaining clear and easy to follow documentation for tools (Confluence).
- Working closely and building relationships with all content creation teams to ensure the satisfaction of both artistic and technical requirements.
- Taking an active role as a member of the TechArt and TechAnim teams.
- Coding with Python + Qt, Maxscript (REST, SQL and C++ would be a bonus).
- Working with a range of DCC tools including: 3DsMax, Motion Builder, Houdini, zBrush, Substance Design & Painter.
- An understanding of Unreal Engine, Blueprints and Unreal Python.
- Previous experience working:
- As a technical artist or tools programmer.
- On DCC tools, asset pipelines and automation.
- On AAA games.
- With teams of ~200 people.
- A wide knowledge of realtime asset creation techniques for a range of asset types.
- Ability develop existing tools and pipelines as well as designing new systems from scratch.
- A holistic approach to analysis, strong problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Private family medical care.
- Private family dental care.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent annual bonus scheme.
- £1,000 to £5,000 Finder’s fee for helping recruitment.
- 25 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays per year.
- 2 days off per year to support a charity of your choice.
- The studio closes between Xmas and New Year (Discretionary)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support.
- Tons of studio clubs to help you get to know people:
- Comic book, Wargaming, Board games, Homebrewing, Chess, New Parents, Photography, Film nights.
- Yoga 5x per week at lunchtimes in our mocap room.
- Football 2x per week at lunchtimes.
- Life Drawing 1x per week in the evening.
- World-class training speakers hosted on-site.
- Access to multiple online training websites.
- Access to the entire DC back catalogue on Comixology.
- Monthly team meals/outings.
- On-site subsidised Masseuse.
- Quarterly salary & promotion reviews.
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process.
- Subsidised gym in the office complex.
- Staff only merchandise store.
- State of the art office with the entire 200+ dev team in 1 open-plan room.
- Free vending machine snacks, fruit, juices and soft drinks.
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan.
- Discounted bicycle equipment to encouraging biking to work.
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support).
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses.
- Gym Pass – 70% discount with access to 1495 gyms.
- Back up care benefit – reduced cost of nurseries, in-home nannies, holiday clubs or adult personal care workers.
- Game and Book library.