Our client is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. Reporting to the Technical Director we are looking for an exceptionally talented Engine Director who is ready for the challenge of directing our Core Engine, Tools and Graphics teams to create world class technology that will be a key factor in the production of our next AAA title.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Unreal Engine 3 or 4 experience an advantage.
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- Worked on at least 3 published AAA titles.
- An advanced understanding of computer graphics and game technology principles.
- Experience with network code.
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills.
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms.
- Experience communicating the productive use of engines and their scripting component framework across a studio.
- Must be detail oriented with an extremely high bar for the quality of delivery.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and anticipate business needs.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high pressure environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
- Private family medical care.
- Private family dental care.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent annual bonus scheme.
- £1,000 to £5,000 Finder’s fee for helping recruitment.
- 25 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays per year.
- 2 days off per year to support a charity of your choice.
- Studio closes between Xmas and New Year (Discretionary)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support.
- Tons of studio clubs to help you get to know people:
o Comic book, War gaming, Board games, Home brewing, Chess, New Parents, Photography, Film nights
- Yoga 5x per week at lunchtimes in our mocap room.
- Football 2x per week at lunchtimes.
- Life Drawing 1x per week in the evening.
- World class training speakers hosted on-site.
- Access to multiple online training websites.
- Access to entire DC back catalogue on Comixology.
- Monthly team meals
- On-site subsidised Masseuse.
- Quarterly salary & promotion reviews.
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process.
- Subsidised gym in the office complex.
- Staff only merchandise store.
- State of the art office with the entire 190+ dev team in 1 open-plan room.
- Free vending machine snacks, fruit, juices and soft drinks.
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan.
- Discounted bicycle equipment to encourage biking to work.
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support).
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses.
- Gym Pass – 70% discount with access to 1495 gyms.
- Back up care benefit – reduced cost of nurseries, in home nannies, holiday clubs or adult personal care workers.
- Game and Book library.