0203 216 2589
5 months ago
This studio creates multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. The backend team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the online services that power our award-winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a lead backend engineer on our new unannounced title you will provide technical leadership, architectural guidance and mentoring for the backend team. You will collaborate closely with game feature teams, but also with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create online services to drive game features such as progression, inventories, purchasing, customer support and much more. With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for flexibility, reliability, performance and efficiency of our backend related services.
- Strong leadership skills, an enthusiastic attitude and team-first mentality; you give effective direction and feedback, and can nurture professional growth in your team
- Strong practical knowledge of distributed systems and scalable architecture fundamentals (including performance, consistency, communication models, etc)
- Experience building, deploying and operating services at scale
- Strong experience with cloud-hosted infrastructure automation
- Strong knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Experience building online services using modern best practises
- Experience with the security aspects of online services
- Experience with REST services
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases.