£40000 - £45000 per annum
0203 216 2567
4 months ago
My client is a rapidly growing communications agency with national and international reach. An award-winning, insight-driven communications consultancy that specialises in helping clients tell their stories. Working with some HUGE, well-known brands, they connect, inspire and engage audiences, delivering data-driven, imaginative ideas to inspire healthier decisions. They are passionate about organic search optimisation, brilliant digital experiences, and the pursuit of technical excellence. You will need to be passionate about all these areas, with considerable experience using SEO to achieve sustainable visibility on search engines. Moreover, you will be accountable for the technical integrity of clients’ websites and digital properties.
To achieve this, you will have an excellent understanding of how websites are built – not just on a technical level, but also their stakeholders and workflows. You will be comfortable working alongside developers, ideally within agile workflows. You will also be proficient in providing non-technical stakeholders with clear, concise and jargon-free recommendations.
• Building business cases and forecasts to gain buy-in for SEO implementation
• Sharing results and case studies back to the business
• Identifying opportunities to drive innovation within the department
• Leading the strategy and technical SEO roadmaps
• Briefing and QAing junior members of the team for support work where needed
• Auditing websites on all aspects of technical SEO
• Helping clients grow through sustainable organic search visibility
• Taking ownership of client’s organic performance and technical integrity
• Playing a leading role in strategic discussions about how SEO can solve business challenges and drive marketing performance
• Carrying out competitor analyses, backlink audits, keyword research, and other research projects as required
• Preparing qualitative and quantitative reports on SEO campaign performance
• Meeting dynamic KPIs set out specifically for you and your role
• Staying abreast of developments in SEO best practice, and sharing knowledge across the team where applicable
• Being Google Analytics certified and keeping this up-to-date
• Where necessary, presenting and discussing work with developers to ensure implementation success.
You’ll need a comprehensive knowledge of organic search engine optimisation, with considerable experience consulting on enterprise-level technical SEO projects. You will undertake website audits, keyword research and backlink analyses as a core part of the role and must be comfortable to deliver exemplary documentation ahead of deadlines using a suite of industry-leading software and tools.
The digital landscape is always evolving, so it is imperative you keep your SEO knowledge up to date. You will, for example, demonstrate understanding of opportunities for international SEO, mobile optimisation, and conversational search. My client aspires to place data at the heart of all they do, so you must hold Google Analytics IQ certification, and show experience of using SEO analytical tools.
You will recognise the pivotal role user experience plays in modern organic visibility. Experience developing large-scale information architecture is highly desirable, while hands-on experience of supporting migrations (platform and protocol) is essential.
• Several years’ experience in technical SEO (agency or client-side)
• Comprehensive knowledge of SEO tactics, and commitment to keep this up-to-date
• Demonstrable experience consulting on website audits, backlinks and migrations
• Absolute proficiency with industry-standard SEO tools – crawlers, link checkers, etc.
• Google Analytics IQ certification
• Reporting experience – updating clients on performance against KPIs
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, advanced formulae)
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and everyday IT
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Accountable for the performance and technical integrity of your clients
• Able to balance your workload and deliver on time
• Be a positive person that adds energy to our team
• Strategic experience – consulting on how organic search can have a measurable impact within cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
• Experience designing large-scale SEO-friendly information architecture
• Working knowledge (or better) of PHP, SQL or other relevant web technologies
• Working knowledge (or better) of WordPress, Magento, and other CMS platforms
Next year there will be occasional on-site working, 2-3 days PW depending on team/client requirements. In return for your considerable talents you'll be provided with a great comp package which will include; 25 days annual leave (plus 5 more for loyal service), profit share, 3% pension contribution, superb private medical care, loads of opportunities to learn and develop as well as a whole bunch of stuff to keep you in flow! These include food and snacks, a well-stocked drinks fridge, dynamic working and monthly massages to name but a few!