0203 216 2589
about 1 year ago
Our client is currently looking for a full-time Gameplay Director for a multiplayer, unannounced title!
Are you a creative idea-maker? Can you turn these ideas into actionable systems that reaches the player? Are you excited about the prospect of being part of developing the gameplay vision for an IOI, multiplayer game?
As a Gameplay Director you will be an instrumental part of creating, presenting and maintaining the vision and overall quality of the game in close collaboration with the game management team. Your vast experience and confidence as a Gameplay Director within AAA game development enables you to implement processes, for example for reviews and feedback. Your skills and experience with presentation and understanding of social dynamics will also be essential when it comes to getting the wider team on the same page and to work in the same direction. We value honesty and transparency – both in the good times and the bad – and we believe that open communication best drives us to the common goal of reaching world-class quality and excitement for our players. And we hope you do too.
What you will do:
- Define and communicate the gameplay vision within the overall game vision of our multiplayer title.
- Develop clear models and frameworks for team to deliver high quality gameplay that achieves the game vision.
- Represent gameplay design in the game management team.
- Work with directors, leads and team to realize the gameplay vision across the title.
- Clearly communicate gameplay expectations throughout all phases of development.
- Help develop and mentor lead game designers and game designers.
- Establish culture and best practices for design within the team.
- Define gameplay priorities throughout development.
- Provide constant constructive feedback to deliver high quality results.
Who you are:
- A creative leader with extensive experience at developing and directing AAA multiplayer gameplay, for at least 1 AAA title.
- Experienced in the practical and hands-on full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experience.
- You are skilled at both progression, but also second-to-second gameplay design.
- Effective at directing prototypes as well as full feature implementation to get to high quality quickly.
- A mentor who is comfortable guiding designers to grow their craft.
- An effective communicator able to clearly communicate both upwards and to the team.
We would love if you had:
- Relevant design education
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube).
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with over 27 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö offices.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices. For the right candidate, will take location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and if you are outside Denemark and Sweden, we provide full relocation and VISA support, for you and your family. We are looking forward to hearing from you!