£35000 - £40000 per annum
We’re looking for a Performance Content Manager to join our SEO team as we embark on our next stage of growth. This is an exciting and challenging role for a creative and motivated self-starter to come in and lead a blue-chip client portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in SEO, Content and Outreach. You’ll be brimming with bright ideas and creative vision. Someone who can interpret a client’s brief and deliver inventive solutions to their real-world business needs.
We’re not looking for someone to put keywords on to webpages or build low quality links. We need someone that will understand a client’s goals and objectives, research their market, understand their consumers and apply creative thinking to develop a strong content proposition that will help them hit their performance objectives (improve rankings, increase visibility etc.).
The ideal candidate will be a content specialist but will have an all-rounded SEO knowledge and good experience working on content and outreach campaigns. You should be able to develop a content plan/strategy that is tied to organic search objectives.
The Role Responsibilities
- Think outside the box to formulate creative campaigns that achieve digital cut through.
- Plan and develop data-driven performance content strategies and roadmaps – with experience in all areas from ideation, through to design, implementation and measurement.
- Develop link-earning strategies alongside key stakeholders (both internally and externally).
- Manage external production suppliers and source new suppliers.
- Support the team in the development of products and services for content and SEO.
- Work with the Performance Content Director and content team to manage and improve the performance content production workflow, through briefs, frameworks and best practice.
- Work with Performance Content Director to grow our services in content strategy and implementation, as well as outreach and digital PR.
- Lead on strategy to ensure content and SEO is harnessed effectively to deliver on client KPIs.
- Translate client briefs into clear, cohesive and innovative approaches for the agency.
- Prepare and lead client meetings, ultimately becoming a trusted client contact.
- Ability to report back both internally and externally on client progress, as well as keeping abreast of digital development opportunities for clients across all areas of the market
- Ability to use research to understand markets, audiences and brands—finding key insights that inspire great work and drive better business decisions
- Guide and facilitate the direction of projects, presenting concepts to clients with confidence.
- A demonstrated love for connecting with clients, presenting ideas and pitching new business.
- Proficiency in idea generation and consultative workshop facilitation to draw out client objectives, challenges, opportunities and key themes is essential.
- Ability to hit the ground running in a fast-moving agency culture, while still remaining poised and adaptable.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a content role, with experience developing strategy.
- Likely digital/media agency background, although this isn’t essential.
- A creative thinker, you’ll have a good eye for the type of content that will get traction.
- Management experience desirable but not essential.
- Good storytelling and presentation capability, with the ability to communicate confidently and interpret performance marketing to clients and manage client expectations.
- Passion for, and a solid understanding of, all aspects of SEO and ideally digital more broadly.
- Organised, self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Excellent working knowledge of key content and SEO tools (Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, AHRefs, SEMRush, Majestic, etc.)
- Interest in web analytics and an ability to use data to back arguments.
- Highly experienced with keyword research and be able to interpret data to inform your strategic and creative approach.