negotiable - dependant upon experience
0207 929 2999
2 months ago
We are working with a highly technical and world class studio that has a strong affinity towards quality, team, creating impactful games and encouraging strong unity and camaraderie amongst the 30+ nationalities across 3 offices.
This is a technical manager role that requires a people centric professional that is able to draw the best out of people. This opportunity suits a professional that can blend the technical and the people management in balance.
The remit is to manage up to 50 technical members and ensure that the team are happy and achieving the goals. You will be the go-to person for programmers, QA, technical support, etc.. for personnel and technical leadership matters. Your role is to be the bridge of technical, nurture, growth and action.
Be responsible for the implementation of employee processes defined by HR (feedback process, salary and appraisal talks, career development and action planning, cross-functional development) and collaborate with HR on new ideas and improvements to these processes.
- Drive passion for technical delivery and share your insights into an award winning technical environment.
- Have a strong relationship with the team and identify potential, strengths, issues and help their development.
- Be involved within the recruitment process, screening, interviewing and the identification of
- Be involved in the on-boarding of new employees.
- Provide guidance on career paths: define individual action plans for project transitions, promotions, skill training, salary regulations
- Manage the tech staff’s salary budget, and constantly oversee the evaluation, classification, and rating of different senior levels and job roles.
- Perform challenging staffing duties, including handling understaffing, resolving disputes, warnings and disciplinary procedures.
- Drive constant improvement of our work processes and always find more efficient and optimal ways of doing things.
Who you are:
You have proven experience as a technical manager with min of 5 years managing 20+ people in a studio or a large tech company.
Sound people management skills and experience with people development and growth. Able to build trust and connectedness.
Experience with HR processes related to employee lifecycle management.
Strong communication skills, open and a highly approachable nature.
You need to have a sense for good craftsmanship within the technical disciplines of video game development.
You need a keen eye to spot when that special talent comes around – and be able to nurture it.
Strong conflict resolution skills – we are developers with passion for our products.
Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.