The Planner Buyer is responsible for the day-to-day planning, management, optimisation and reporting of paid search, Amazon Sponsored Ads and YouTube campaigns, and in time may take on some paid social activity too.
You will be self-motivated and able to manage your time effectively. You need to be operationally proficient and have solid knowledge of Search and YouTube principles. You will have basic knowledge of other digital media channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
- Support the Digital Manager with reporting, insights and innovation.
- Share learnings and best practice with the wider department.
- Day-to-day communication (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media owners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of your Manager.
- Previous experience managing paid search and YouTube activity, inc. Google Ads & SA360 to best practices
- Previous experience in reporting and monitoring account performance and communicating this to stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver performance to client KPIs and targets
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets may change
- A keen interest in understanding other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Able to meticulously follow processes, from budget management to brief responses
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (DV360 and SA360 in particular)
- Savvy user of automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management, reporting)
- Responsible for the accurate booking and reconciliation of activity using Prisma
- Competent using Excel inc. pivot tables, sumifs, vlookups etc.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- Strong attention to detail in everything you do, including plans, platform set up & optimisation, reporting & finance
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- Positive, proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving
- Detailed knowledge about granular account optimisation in line with KPIs
- Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
- Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Experience managing YouTube activity is preferable
- Experience in handling the financial side of account management
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face