Highly Competitive Salary
The three pillars of the role are:
- They are the client and account lead - it is their responsibility to ensure that clients are serviced brilliantly and that they have positive and productive relationships with the agency
- They are the media planning lead, and they work alongside the Strategy Director or independently to ensure that brilliant strategy culminates in creative and effective media plans.
- They manage workflow in the team and ensure that the Account Manager and Account Executive are supported to deliver brilliant work.
- A strong comms planning background with the ability to translate a communications strategy into a media planning recommendation, considering best formats, weighting, flighting and activation tactics to deliver against core objectives of a campaign.
- A thorough understanding of all media touchpoints and the ability to define the tasks for media and content, develop channel roles and investment priorities based around tasks.
- Ability to create a good, well thought through deck which requires minimal input from colleagues to make it ‘client ready’.
- A strong understanding of campaign evaluation knowing how to set and measure against both media, brand and business KPIs
- An in-depth knowledge and application of core media tools
- Ability to think beyond Paid media – able to take a view upon owned and earned channels
- Lead on end-to-end Communications Planning projects – be it annual planning or bespoke planning projects. They give clear direction to the agency(s) team to ensure that the approach is fuelled by insights/data and tells a clear story - pulling in cross-team and senior support as and when required.
- Build a deep understanding and be well versed of the client categories, competition and client’s business in the UK and Ireland in order to understand the challenges and opportunities they face.
- Be able to develop and have a POV on managing the portfolio across various briefs and ensure a fully integrated approach
- Ensure that specialists are working effectively across projects, monitoring our delivery of the client scope and tracking it on an ongoing basis
- An excellent presenter, able to communicate effectively with senior clients with gravitas
- Overseeing the Account Manager to manage reporting requirements, quality controlling output and ensuring actionable insight is delivered.
- Overseeing account financials to ensure accuracy and timely management and maximise profitability and efficiency (e.g. reconciliations, payments, billings, financial tracking).
- Working with the Business Director/Client Lead to look for opportunities for driving revenue growth
- Create the conditions for brilliant work and champion that work externally to ensure outstanding client service
- Maintain good relations with external agencies, internal teams & media owners to understand what services and products exist that could help deliver clients’ business KPIs
- Responsible for the management, coaching and development for the Planning Manager and Planning Executive.