£35000 - £40000 per annum
This role requires someone with a strong head for numbers and be able to create effectiveness and value models, forecast and extract key/ actionable insights for our clients. You also need to be comfortable managing time and keeping within retainer/project scopes.
There will be a heavy client facing element to this role, as you’ll be required to attend weekly calls/meetings and lead on larger monthly and quarterly meetings, with the support of your line manager. As such, it’s essential you feel comfortable with clients, have strong communication skills, as well as a proactive attitude and a real hunger for success.
- Able to effectively manage day-to-day technical support and implementation
- Ensure all SEO activity meets agency best practice and is performed to the highest standard
- Able to confidently and proficiently manage, investigate, analyse crawl & log files from tools such as Deepcrawl, screaming frog, custom crawlers, client extractions
- Solid experience and understanding of using Google Analytics and other analytics packages.
- A strong understanding (and coding experience) of web-based development languages.
- Provide detailed tech requirements as part of CX enhancement programmes and web builds
- Extensive experience and advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Comfortable constructing forecasts based on logical assumptions and frameworks
- Stay up to date with the latest industry news, particularly regarding algorithm updates
- Proactively contributing to our evolving view on Technical SEO, as well and keeping up with industry conversations and trends
- Work closely with PPC to ensure alignment and incremental performance for clients
- Operate against a measurement framework to quantify improvements in performance
- Represent and influence SEO requirements across campaign projects across client teams to ensure implementations are SEO friendly and deliver benefit from project initiation.
- Provide insightful and timely reporting for your clients
- Extensive knowledge of core tools, including Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, Analytics etc.
- Assist with new business where required – specifically, producing insight, research etc.
- Comfortable presenting to clients in meetings, and discussing results, performance, and ideas. Whether in ad hoc or organised monthly/quarterly meetings.
- Proactively optimise on and off-site elements to improve rankings and organic traffic to meet client KPIs
- Independently manage personal development plans for all direct reports
- Ensure your direct reports have timely appraisals
- Develop SEO expertise, tech knowledge and all-round skill set of all your direct reports.
- Ensure your team maintain all basic technical requirements, including qualifications
- Provide regular support and advice to help progress direct reports
- 3+ years’ experience in a SEO remit, ideally within an agency environment
- Proven experience of working with enterprise level clients and large budgets
- Exceptional understanding of best-in-class SEO techniques and latest algorithm updates
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with good working knowledge of Excel etc.
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal, with the ability to present confidently
- Management experience is essential
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Out-of-the-box thinking with a strong attention to detail
- A practical and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work with others in a team