0203 216 2563
6 months ago
You should have experience working in competitive, performance driven sectors and should have a solid understanding of technical SEO. Other skills required for the role are great communication, leadership, and project management skills.
The SEO Account Director will be responsible for delivering best in class SEO solutions to some of the UK’s biggest brands, managing multiple stakeholders as well as ensuring the best output from more junior members of the team.
- Working directly with clients in planning and implementing SEO campaigns and strategies which add real value to their business
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity
- Analysing client websites, search results and online marketing data to identify SEO opportunities within clients’ markets
- Manage account expenses: staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciliation
- Line manage SEO Planners and Executives: delegate workload, provide guidance and support, set up KPIs and goals for their 360 appraisals
- Together with the performance content manager and team, develop and implement link building strategies focussed on achieving organic reach and SEO KPIs
- Maintaining the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Working alongside SEO Head and/or other Management to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue, and on new business opportunities
- Ensure that account work remains profitable, and display commercial acumen in the allocation of work against billings
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to the wider team
- An excellent understanding of industry standard SEO tools including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Deep Crawl, BrightEdge and Screaming Frog.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Good time keeping skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrable Account Management experience in SEO
- Strong client relationship building experience with excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to write persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities within client targets and strategies
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Commercial understanding and being able to put together Scopes of work and answer client’s briefs.