A Design Engineer’s main function is to provide presales support by acting as a technical consultant to the sale force, generating functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment lists to enable generation of customer proposals. This role is also leveraged by the post sales team for project engineering and or on gong project consultation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to translate customer requirements into functional system designs.
- Review pre-construction design and documentation.
- Provide assistance with technical design and level of effort needed by estimating hours and highlighting logistical challenges for the sales team to consider while pricing the opportunity.
- Generate functional system descriptions and block diagram
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs.
- Design wall plates and overlays.
- Assist Account Manager with labour and material estimates for projects.
- Assume ownership of project installation when required.
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculation, acoustical modelling or other data as required
- Provide on-going engineering support as needed
- Assist with project sign-off.
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate product as requested.
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Valid Driver’s License
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a ‘A’ Levels or equivalent
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Avixa CTS to be held (preferred by not essential)
- At least two years of AV Design experience is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of AV experience