£40000 - £50000 per annum
As one of our cleint's AV Engineers you’ll be working with a small team and reporting to their Head of Technology, on pre-installations and setup in their Slough HQ as well as installing projector setups, screens, LED, hardware and fixtures in retail and events.
Key requirements will be designing solutions, testing and prototyping of all equipment, installation in the UK and across Europe as well as day to day requirements. You’ll need to be responsive and flexible in terms of working hours, and have the ability to liaise with on-site managers and key people on AV and technical builds.
Key areas of responsibility.
- You need to have a flexible non-9-5 mentality, be aware that there are nights that need to be worked (out of hours) when we do in-store launches. These can be at any location, in the UK and Europe.
- Work closely with all the internal & external teams to meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills are essential, given the nature of some of these installs require a quick and effective response to emergency/Ad-hoc requests and or other issues.
- Support the project managers and internal teams with technical advice and timings.
- Creation of recap and installation reports.
- Ability to review plans, elevations and technical drawings.
- Supporting other areas of the business with installations.
- Clear and open communication skills
- Have a history working in the technology field, installing at least one of the following: screens, projector technology, LED and other hardware.
- IT skills capability allowing you to set up pc’s. install software and OS.
- Health and safety license/knowledge.
- Be fastidious and a good problem solver, with a can-do attitude.
- Hands-on during a build, with a flexible approach helping wherever you can.
- DIY skills such as the ability to mount screens to walls, painting and fixing issues.
- Good research skills and an active interest in new technologies.
- Keen to learn more about the field and increase existing skillsets with Training etc.
- Clean Driver’s License
- Forklift license
- A good knowledge of electrical and current testing methods.
- IT skills for networking and patching cables and setup of routers etc.
- IPAF License 3a/3b
- Knowledge of LED technology
- Knowledge of Projection technology
- Electrical apprenticeship or experience.