0203 216 2558
3 months ago
Reporting to the Project Team Lead, this role assists with designing, specifying, quoting and converting new business opportunities, alongside the client and account managing teams. The role is also responsible for supervising pre-production, project and technical teams onsite to ensure exceptional customer service, best practice, and H&S responsibilities.
The role requires a strong leader with significant experience of all aspects of technical event production and a commitment to demonstrating exceptional delivery. It is also a role that requires a collaborative approach to finding solutions to problems and the ability to stay focused in what can often be a highly pressurised environment. This role requires a commitment to collaborate with the Creative and technical team to ensure all quotes are technically deliverable.
The Project Manager role goes beyond project delivery – playing a part in developing our brand and strategy to increase our client portfolio. Your role will include building client relationships and sustainment of existing ones, identifying business opportunities, presenting and winning pitches in collaboration with the client team.
Role and Responsibilities
- To assess and respond to new opportunities from existing or new accounts in a timely, on brand and coherent way, independently or alongside a member of the client team. This may take the form of a basic quotation through to a full body proposal including design and creative concept, 3d visualisations, event narrative, delivery timeline and client investment.
- To manage the pitch/quotation process ensuring internal resource is utilised in line with the perceived value of the project/account and all projects are technically deliverable.
- To work with the Creative and Technical departments to fulfill projects they have designed and quoted for.
- To ensure all opportunities are recorded appropriately onto the hire management system in line with current guidelines.
- To ensure all correspondence relating to quotations or projects is filed in the agreed location, accessible to all.
- Where appropriate, leading niche business areas such as delegate management with ad-hoc line management of contract staff as required.
- Working with the operations and project support team you will allocate crew and resources to the job.
- To allocate and book – trucking, third party suppliers and sub-contractors, accommodation, subsistence and access/plant hire equipment in line with pre-agreed supplier agreements.
- Working with the teams you will be required to attend site visits and ensure data accuracy.
- Specify and book equipment using HireHop.
- In collaboration with the other teams, you will be required to create technical drawings to provide a detailed plan of the project for others to follow.
- To produce a detailed project timeline to aid predetermined deadlines and make sure projects run on track
- Manage and monitor the overall budget in line with quotations, ensuring the management team are kept abreast of changing margins.
- Ensure payment terms are agreed and adhered to and relevant invoices are issued at the agreed timelines.
- Manage client expectations and communications with documentation such as scopes of work.
- Managing clients change requests to evaluate risks and budget changes.
- Effective management of all crew and sub-contractors whilst maintaining an effective line of communication with all other suppliers including the venue.
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to in line with company policy.
- Carry out relevant debriefs and record connected information on to the project system to assist with the development of the account.
- On completion of the project, ensure a full reconciliation is completed to include sign-off of purchase orders and/or supplier invoices, event related credit card expenditure and final invoices are issued to client.
- Ensure that the delivery of all assigned projects achieve target profit margins.
- Execute delivery of all projects in line with client brand and quality requirements.
- Ensure delivery of all components and deliverables to project stakeholders both internally and externally in fulfilment of client brief and contractual expectations.
- Assist with the development, consultation and rollout of the company’s processes and procedures, ensuring they are promoted within the wider project teams.
- To be readily available for project management assignments as required by the Project Team Lead.
- Attend weekly hub meetings to provide input into the upcoming delivery and sales pipelines.