£50000 - £60000 per annum
As part of a core leadership team, the Programmatic Director is responsible for building and maintaining strong external relationships with appropriate clients, vendors, and agency partners in collaboration with his/her assigned teams. The Programmatic Director is also deeply versed in the planning, buying, and evaluation of Programmatic platforms, suppliers, and strategies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the development of Programmatic media strategies and analysis (audience and media partner selection, custom data and PMP recommendations, timing/scheduling strategy, creative recommendations, etc.) across all Programmatic media including Display, Video, Audio, and more
- Act as top domain expert in leading programmatic platforms such as the Trade Desk and share that knowledge with the team.
- Initiate partnerships, build relationships, and evaluate leading programmatic suppliers.
- Present new supplier opportunities to the SEM team; continuously evolve the agency’s technology stack, partnerships, and integration
- Develop best practices and input on programmatic campaign planning and management
- Serve as a core contributor to client-focused strategic initiatives; articulating departmental and corporate views related to customer segmentation, media tactics, and execution; and ensuring proposed Programmatic media strategies and tactics align with agreed upon objectives
- Represent the organisation in public forums as a key leader for Programmatic, as appropriate
- Take the lead in establishing the agency as an authority in Programmatic
- Serve as point person for senior client relationships; both existing and prospective, leveraging innovative points of view to strengthen client relationships and develop further business opportunities
- Continuously refine processes for planning, managing, and optimising Programmatic campaigns; implement successful time saving or result driven solutions
- Drive successful financial performance; maintain P&L statements on a portfolio of clients, managing each relationship to profitability
- Develop and effectively grow high-calibre employees within the agency
- Work with direct reports and team to maintain accurate scoping projections and staff count
- Lead assigned team to prioritise and delegate tasks as needed in the areas of programmatic planning, interaction with publisher and audience partners, campaign setup, pacing, optimisation, targeting, reporting, etc
- 7+ years’ experience managing Programmatic campaigns with a Demand Side Platform, or equivalent experience with a Supply-Side Platform.
- Deep expertise in programmatic publisher, platform, and audience suppliers, especially in the areas of Audio, and Video
- Strong digital media background and project management skills
- Outstanding analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create pivot tables and perform v-look ups
- Proven experience leading and building a team of direct reports consisting of junior, senior and leadership staff
- Expertise in Programmatic buying platforms such as the Trade Desk, Google DV360, and others
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing, business or any quantitative or analytic related fields
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to create, grow and expand relationships with clients, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrable passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to make recommendations of statistically significant data sets
- Utilises industry knowledge and experience
- Strong business and leadership skills to make independent decisions affecting the daily operations and management of campaigns