Purpose of the Role:The Global Strategy Director will be centrally responsible for leading the development of global media strategies and guiding local implementation throughout the relevant office. The role will be based in London.
Reporting and Responsibilities:The Global Strategy Director reports directly to the Head of Strategy, and will work in partnership with the Client Lead on the relevant account. Both roles are based in London.
The Global Strategy Director will be responsible for developing global media strategies for a variety of brands, from FMCG, global travel brands, the motor industry and others. Additional support from a Strategy Manager, Strategy Executive an or Innovation Specialist, will be available (depending on the account)
The Global Strategy Director will also be part of the Insight, Strategy, Invention (ISI) Leadership Team, performing an active role in creating and sharing best practice across the central team and the agency network.
Principal accountabilities:- Lead the development of Global Media Strategies. Lead the development of media thought leadership and portfolio management for Communication Architectures, which form an integral part of a Category three year vision.
- Ensure we apply a data driven, insight led and digitally savy strategic advice
- Rally the internal expertise and knowledge throughout the network
- Become a Trusted Partner to the senior clients, particularly the media and brand teams, as well as consumer insights teams
- Provide clarity on success metrics for Global strategy development
- Develop and inspire Strategic Talent throughout the network
- Actively seek forums to build relationships, mobilise the network and share best practice – through media days, conferences, awards ceremonies, weekly calls, quarterly get together and any other feedback loops
- Develop strong partnerships with fellow client creative agencies
Skills & knowledge:- Experience and Capabilities: Extensive experience in the Media industry, with a proven track record of working with senior clients as well as the ability to lead, manage and inspire central and local agency teams.
- Partners and Suppliers: Up to date knowledge of media owners, content owners, production agencies, research companies and other suppliers which the agency or our clients can partner with.
- Sector Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the FMCG sector
- Client Knowledge: Identifies and actions appropriate opportunities to promote strategic services, Innovation and Differentiators
- General Skills: Excellence in communication, presentation and team building
- Influence: Strategically promotes to multiple stakeholders who have different needs and objectives to build broad support for strategies and ideas