£28000 - £30000 per annum
Based in Elstree.
The ideal candidate
- Will have a strong background in performance lighting design, implementation and operation with a focus on live music and events.
- You should be a confident programmer and a proficient user of at least one of our preferred console platforms – either GrandMA, Avolites or Chamsys.
- You should have an excellent working knowledge of general production techniques including IT, rigging, power distribution & data distribution along with a good working knowledge of the latest technologies and best practice.
- A good general understanding of electrical theory and ability to undertake basic fault finding will be essential.
- You will need to be enthusiastic, eloquent and able to work well as part of a wider team or using their own initiative.
- The role is heavily client facing so you must be a confident communicator with a desire to deliver the best service standards possible.
- You must be keen to learn and develop your expertise continually, meticulous and thorough in your work and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Install and maintain bespoke production lighting systems on site following plans and briefs
- Program & operate lighting systems on site
- Troubleshoot and fault find systems as required
- Supervise sub-contracted staff
- Liaise with clients as well as with venues
- Provide pre-production support to Project Management team
- Assist with preparing plans and paperwork for projects
- Liaise with Project Managers to understand project requirements, briefs & deadlines
- Assist the Warehouse Teams preparing equipment
- Assist the Operations Team with the maintenance of equipment as required
- Advise on technical queries and make recommendations for new equipment investments
- Maintain a strong awareness of developing trends and technologies across lighting, audio, video & staging technologies
- Champion and promote best practice in all areas of project delivery and Health & Safety
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in developing processes and procedures to improve all aspects of the company’s operations