22500 - 25000
almost 2 years ago
AYRE is an ambitious, energetic company providing event technology and event production services for a wide range of clients and events; ranging from Conferences, Regional Roadshows and meetings, to Gala Awards, Charity Dinners and Live Events. Please look across our website and social media profiles for examples of our work.
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Event / AV Technician with a minimum of 5 years proven industry experience to join our busy team based in Leeds. The successful candidate will hold a full clean driving license; be creative, highly customer focused and have extensive experience in working with audio-visual, lighting, audio and staging equipment of all types in different environments.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Rig, de-rig and operate equipment following setup and project plans
- Act as key point of contact when onsite for clients and suppliers when necessary and continue to maintain and build client relationships to a high standard
- Attend site visits and production meetings as required
- Maintain high standards of production for all events
- Promote and adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties to meet the needs of the business
- Promote and adhere to the company’s equal opportunities policy in both delivery of services and treatment of others
- Complying with the company’s administration process
This is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Knowledge of the production process and timescales needed to deliver a production to the agreed spec and standard
- Excellent proven understanding and experience of AV technologies – projection, audio, video and lighting
- Excellent all-round communication skills with good literary and numeracy
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Ability to read / interpret CAD drawings
- Be able to troubleshoot under pressure
- Be able to work efficiently under pressure
- Go above and beyond to ensure our clients satisfaction
- Must be over the age of 18 and hold a full / clean driving license - essential
- Have a good understanding of software applications including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.
- Experience of using HireTrack rental system preferable
Training and Career Progression
We are looking to recruit an experienced individual however we place a high emphasis on training and career progression holding quarterly reviews. On-going internal and external training will be provided as required. Opportunities for career progression within the company will be available.
If you have the experience in the industry we are looking for, then you will already know that this isn’t a 9 to 5 job. Due to the nature of our industry we require our employees to have a flexible approach to their working hours. Typically, your working day if not onsite will be 8:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. Work outside of these hours and at weekends will be required as our workload / projects permits. We try hard to manage a work life balance for our team.
- Basic allowance of 28 days per year
- Ability to buy additional holiday after probation period.
- Ability to bank lieu days to use as part of your holiday allowance
- After 1 year’s continuous service you will receive your birthday off.
- After 2 years of continuous service you will receive a further day’s holiday.
A company uniform will be provided along with all required PPE equipment, which will be refreshed annually.
Employee of The Month
This is voted for by all employees each month and the winner receive £50 bonus.
Basic £22,500 - £25,000
Stay away from home pay
Pension contributions scheme