You'll get the chance to take on and battle with some of the most played and exciting games in the industry to date!
As the Art Director is responsible for defining and maintaining visual quality standards for a project. This includes the design and development of artwork and general management and supervision over environment, character, visual effects and animation. It is the Art Director’s responsibility to work in conjunction with the Creative Director and Design Lead to set and lead the quality standards for a game, with profound knowledge of techniques and technical limitation requirements.
- Manage art teams to establish the visual content/art for each project.
- Take an active role in planning of projects and project pitches.
- Ensure art teams have the proper techniques and tools to deliver top quality art on a project.
- Regularly reviews and provides feedback to art staff.
- Mentor and provide strong career guidance to art staff.
- Establish art staff best practices and methods
- 7 years experience in game development plus 3 shipped titles
- 3 or more years experience in an art management role
- Excellent Knowledge of current game art production pipelines and practices.
- Excellent Knowledge of all the latest games that are in direct competition with the products that are being developed at the studio. This is to ensure quality level of art is maintained.
- A deep understanding of all art software packages used in studio.
- Excellent Knowledge of colour theory, composition and staging techniques.
- Knowledge of possible future software packages that may help during production and the ability to bring them into the current workflow.
- Knowledge of possible outsource vendors and the ability to integrate them into production.
- Working knowledge of engine and tool sets required to generate assets.
- Produce finished art of an exceptional quality
- Provide effective solutions
- Work effectively with no guidance
- Manage large and diverse teams
- Take initiative
- Remain knowledgeable on current software
- Clearly and effectively communicate (written and oral)
- Define and maintain art production pipelines for efficiency and state of the art assets.