To work in conjunction with the PR manager to create and oversee the execution of PR plans and activity within the UK and support the local offices and distribution partners within the EMEA territories. This includes maintaining relationships with UK media to secure promotional coverage, preparing and disseminating materials and game code to territory offices and assisting in the planning and execution of local and global media events.
- The Associate PR Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of UK PR activity for a series of allocated titles.
- Cultivate new and nurture existing UK media contacts, ensuring ongoing relationship building efforts, in order to establish effective working relationships across the media spectrum.
- Manage the contact database
- Manage UK press on daily press office duties, including but not limited to, updating the press site, arranging coverage with media, organising code distribution and creating coverage reports.
- Act as the key point of contact for UK press office related enquiries.
- Work closely with the central marketing team to ensure UK PR activity integrates into the wider marketing mix.
- Regularly synch up with the central Community Managers to ensure UK PR messaging is consistent across all social activity.
- Report back on UK PR activity into the wider Marketing and Sales teams.
- Effectively manage any external UK PR agency (as and when required).
- Deliver high-quality written content for messaging, press releases, media materials and statements.
- Organise and maintain coverage and clipping files.
- Communicate weekly PR activity through weekly coverage reports and regular meetings with Sales and Marketing team.
- Assist with first and third party licensors where relevant.
- Represent us at social UK events related to video games events and awards.
- Support the PR Manager in arranging and managing our participation in events and producer tours.
- Working closely with the PR Manager to implement plans with local teams and distribution partners across EMEA.
- Assist with R&D meetings, as and when required, to ensure visibility on EMEA PR activity.
- Liaise with the US PR team to formulate global PR strategy.
Educated to degree level, ideally in a subject encompassing Public Relations, or similarly qualified by experience and ability.
- 2-3 years demonstrable experience in a PR role, preferably within the Video Games industry.
- Evidence of good working relationships with relevant UK media and a strong network of industry contacts.
- History of managing UK campaigns essential; experience managing EMEA PR campaigns an advantage.
- Interest in video games and / or entertainment products preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online environment.