Salary to be competitive with job role standards & negotiated based on applicant experience
Surrey based Fire & Security/Audio Visual Installation and Integration Company and are searching for a motivated individual for role in the high-end residential Smart home system sector. The projects will involve a range of specialist networks, software and hardware technologies across multiple sites and therefore will require attention to detail.
Searching for a driven, enthusiastic and knowledgeable candidate to work directly for us as the Technical Sales and Specification Design Manager with direct communication with the client. This will become a permanent position for the right Applicant.
Projects involve all aspects of installation from Design, Co-ordination, Infrastructure installation, Integration and Commissioning for the electrical, data, IRS, Smart home systems, lighting control, HVAC and door entry integration. The applicant must have a good knowledge and experience of smart home systems and Integration, electrical knowledge would also be an advantage. The highest level of punctuality, determination, presentation and commitment to the Company and projects is paramount.
The successful Applicant will act as a leader of the Design and Specification team and will be the direct point of contact for the client and the delivery team. Their responsibilities will also be to report back to the Account Manager and Company Director with regular Progress Reports and Forecasts.
The project will involve a design period with the client backed by various Technical Area Specialists and a familiarisation period to get to know the existing solution enabling an understanding of what the new project is to deliver in terms of additional capacity and features.
The people to be considered for this role will have, but not limited to:
- Previous experience with Sales and project specification
- Excellent Knowledge of products and systems within the AV / smart home sector.
- Excellent Knowledge of Audio and Video distribution, specification and implementation.
- Good knowledge and experience with systems such as Crestron, Lutron, Control4, AMX, Savant, KNX, Vantage.
- Knowledge and ability to follow project documentation creation and the compliance to project documentation processes for records
- Be part of a team to develop a detailed scope of works as part of the end to end design of the solution
- A track record of seeing projects through from start to finish
- Have knowledge and experience of using Microsoft excel, word, visio and project manager
Essential other information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Must be in a position to demonstrate the Right to Work in the UK as required by the Asylum and Immigration Act 1976. In the event that the Company is not satisfied with the documents provided it reserves the right to withdraw the offer of employment.
History of security integration projects
Practical experience with the design of systems.