Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have experience working as a Project Manager within Audio Visual?
My client is looking for an experienced AV/audiovisual project manager who is able to provide technical, administrative and logistical support in the pre-production as well as on-site events. This role is to start immediately with a competitive salary based in London as well as Barcelona. You may currently be working as an AV/audiovisual project manager in live events or as a senior AV/audiovisual technician looking to take the next step in your career. Based in London and parts or Europe, immediate start.
About the company
This company has established an enviable reputation within the UK events sector and specialises in providing a complete range of technical, IT and audiovisual solutions to the live event industry. From basic public address systems to the advanced AV and IT solutions required for major international conferences and exhibitions, this company delivers creative expertise and “wow factor” through its team of highly trained account managers, technicians and event producers.
The company’s extensive warehouses are brimming with state of the art technical equipment, that includes projection mapping systems, LED video walls, display screens, video mixers, lighting rigs, and audio. These are put to the best possible use by expert live event designers. They are contracted as official AV suppliers to more than 300 exhibitions, events and conferences every year, and work with most of the UK's leading event organisers, providing them with all their AV and IT requirements, including seminars, feature areas and digital signage plus many other services and products.
- AV/audiovisual Project Manager- Live Events
- Immediate start
- Based in London and parts of Europe
- Manage and oversee audiovisual/AV installations at events and exhibitions, and taking responsibility for their implementation on site and subsequent safe removal
- Advise Account Managers on more complex technical elements of live events
- Produce technical schematics, floor plans and visuals
- Engaging in client and project development processes and assisting with pitching for new business
- Calculating and planning manpower and logistics with the Operations Department including technical crew, other crew, teams and vehicles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career but you will need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the role.
We would expect you to have:
- Previous extensive experience as an event AV/audiovisual technician is essential. This might be as an employee of an events AV/audiovisual company, within a venue or as a freelance AV/audiovisual technician
- AV/audiovisual project management or logistics experience in live events is essential. In particular experience of exhibitions would be very helpful. Note that live events experience is absolutely essential and so project management experience in other sectors is of little value unless you have experience delivering projects in live events
- Good written and verbal communication
- A good level of numeracy and excellent attention to detail
- Very good IT skills including being competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)