We are looking for an experienced Audio Visual Service Engineer who has perhaps developed as far as they can in a service related role, and wants to progress further into working on and managing projects in conjunction with the existing Project Managers, whilst still offering and maintaining their existing service related skills by fulfilling that part of the position also.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an experienced AV/Audio-Visual Engineer you will be expected to provide experience, knowledge and advice on ongoing engineering practices in general. This includes any ideas you may have on how to improve service levels as a whole, whilst ensuring the company operate in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Part of the responsibilities will also include engineering support for office and field based sales and administration personnel.
- As part of the role you will be involved in not only delivering the systems to be installed, but also assisting in surveying and designing those systems. This could with the necessary training include technical drawings and control system programming.
- You will be expected to act as both a projects engineer and service engineer, including administration wherever necessary.
- The administration of service calls will include initial fault logging and immediate telephone, technical support, as well as ongoing follow up actions required. At all times these administrative process will be guided and reviewed by the Operations Manager, who will ultimately be responsible for all administration but will expect assistance as part of this role.
- Occasionally there may be a requirement to assist the Operations Department with general warehouse duties whilst in the office. This may include the preparation and testing of kit for an installation, or assisting with technical drawings and programming if required.
- The role will involve an element of travelling as there is national and international coverage. If this is the case all travel, accommodation and expenses would be covered by the company, but it may mean that overnight stays are required which would be agreed beforehand with sufficient discussions and notice.
- A certain amount of self-management and initiative both on-site and off. This will include fault finding, problem solving and customer facing decision making wherever necessary.
- The role is very much customer focused and would expect correct and suitable levels of behavior accordingly. This includes personal presentation, on-site cleanliness and a professional attitude at all times. We have worked hard to establish a reputation as a flexible and friendly organisation with a can do attitude, and we would very much like this to continue.
Requirements from the candidate:
- Can use their initiative whilst working on their own but also happy to work as part of a team.
- They must have an excellent telephone manner as well as a professional attitude when customer facing.
- Most importantly will be flexible and willing to learn and develop within this new and exciting role.