"Data analysis in gaming companies has gone from being a half-remembered aside just a decade ago, to being the driving force behind some of the world's biggest studios. Every major studio and many smaller ones employ at least one, if not (ideally) a team of Data scientists/Analyst to help it extract information from its games, to analyse and quantify this data and to explain it in a way that can help the studio improve - be that through bringing in more money, keeping people playing longer, getting more downloads or purchases in the first place etc..." - The Future of Data Analysis in Gaming by Ian Dransfield.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to make this role your own and shape it around you!
My client has released a huge amount of successful titles and also works with a number of independent studios to bring a range of quality titles under its publishing banner.
As the Business Intelligence Analyst you will support the sales, marketing, business development and management teams by collecting and compiling the sales data from all Premium games across Team 17’s catalogue on a weekly basis. You will evaluate the performance of new release, life-cycle and promotional performance. You will also support the sales team in forecasting new titles and benchmarking competitor performance along with keeping an eye on the broader landscape.
- Collect and collate compiling digital sell through data across
- Create weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports for senior stakeholders
- Evaluating new release sales and promotional performance
- Create forecast reports on new releases & life-cycle performances
- Provide key market and competitor insights
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations from data-set
- Integrate data sources
- Propose actionable and insight
- Degree level education (maths, statistics)
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Macros)
- Strong analytical skills
- SQL and/or JSON knowledge or a willingness to develop in this area (desirable)