Creative Personnel have a wonderful opportunity to work with one of our most captivating clients based in Ireland. Our client has a gripping opportunity for you to become a part of their fantastic team. Our client are looking for a Character Artist to work in various cross-platform virtual reality/augmented reality projects.
The perfect candidate will join collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life. Furthermore will be sculpting detailed high-poly models, creating efficient low-poly meshes and implementing in-game assets for characters and items. In addition to this, you will be creating high quality textures and materials. Finally you will be using Unity to bring assets in-game, troubleshoot issues and ensure that character art supports gameplay and performance.
- 3+ years’ game development experience, specifically creating real-time characters and items using Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Exceptional understanding of human/creature anatomy, colour theory, values, form, shape language, silhouette and composition
- Strong knowledge of fashion and costume design
- Demonstrated ability to work in a broad range of styles, within technical constraints, using proprietary systems and tools
- Creative problem-solving abilities and willingness to collaborate to find solutions
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D character artist
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Proficiency with Substance Designer/Painter
- Basic skinning/weighting experience with a foundational understanding of rigging, animation and deformation