Take ownership of the planning and organisation of the external art development
At Guerrilla, we leverage outsourcing to the max. All internal art teams support and/or utilize external (art) production to some extent. We have art directors with ownership of the creative vision, providing feedback to vendors directly, but they need support with the long-term planning, securing of external resources and management of the vendors themselves in order to succeed.
What You Will Do
As a Co-Dev Producer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Maintain and cultivate long-term positive vendor relationships;
- Negotiate favourable contracts to secure good terms, rates, and talents;
- Plan and book external capacity to guarantee the best external resources are always available whenever needed;
- Anticipate resource needs, both short-term and long-term, from sometimes uncertain and fluent design decisions;
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and help shepherd the internal processes forward to keep production running smoothly without interruptions;
- Support the internal art directors, who are responsible for the day-to-day interactions with vendors, if issues need to be escalated for quick resolution;
- Facilitate communication between all art teams to realize overall goals and make sure deadlines are met and issues surfaced swiftly;
- Track status of art assets, including making sure supporting materials required for production is properly prepared, communicated, understood, and followed externally;
- Assist external project managers in the creation and execution of art schedules and resource plans;
- Gather accurate data and prepare financial reports, such as monthly, quarterly, and annual spending, both actual and forecasted, for the executive producer and studio management team;
- Look to expand the studio’s outsourcing efforts where further efficiencies, savings, and/or quality improvements can be made.
Who You Are
We’d love to hear from you when you:
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a producer at a AAA game studio;
- Have hands-on experience in dealing with outsourcing and vendor management;
- Are able to solve complex (art) production problems efficiently with a track-record of doing so already;
- Are knowledgeable of art content production pipelines;
- Master both agile and waterfall production methods, and are able to discern which approach to take based on the situation;
- Are proficient in Excel, Hansoft and JIRA;
- A background in (technical) art direction is a plus (however this position is NOT a hands-on art director role).