The Comms Planning Manager’s role is to support the Associate Director with the overall delivery of planning output and to continuously strive to improve our client relationships.
The AM will manage the work output to ensure that we deliver against clients’ objectives and expectations. They will also have complete autonomy to run certain elements within the portfolio which is ideal for career progression.
The role requires a combination of strategic and client servicing skills with the ability to coordinate and help the multifunctional team to deliver brilliant work. You will need to develop an in depth understanding of the client’s business along with strong strategic communications planning skills in order deliver innovative and effective strategies through compelling stories / approaches, and work as part of an integrated cross agency team to deliver those solutions.
You will lead some projects with the support of the BD, AD, Strategist and/or SP which will give you the autonomy to run certain campaigns totally (essential experience to becoming an AD afterall).
You will also be responsible for the development of the Senior Planner within the team – managing their work load, supporting their education, client exposure etc.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Experience and behaviours
- Working with client and AD to develop brief
- Stimulus gathering
- Uncovering key insights
- Defining the comms strategy, with guidance from CID/AD
- Generating ideas from strategy
- Presenting strategy to client
- Managing integration with agency partners
- Encouraging / developing media innovations
- Ensuring the plans are in line with strategy
- Campaign tracking and PCA (supporting a Senior Planner)
- Fostering the agency/ client relationship
- Management of ad-hoc requests, briefing other functions where appropriate
- Contact reports
- Helping to grow commercial performance with existing clients
- New business participation and support
- Managing client finance
- Supporting the AD in goal setting and 360 reviews for Senior Planner
- Task setting and workload management of Senior Planner
- Building connections with key external stakeholders
- Inspiring the multifunctional team with brilliant briefs
- Briefing and managing Insight Ops to meet client requirements, as defined by AD
- Thorough understanding of communications planning
- Excellent client servicing skills
- Good strategic planning capabilities
- Implementational knowledge across all media
- Strong communication and confident meeting management
- Strong presentation skills (writing and delivery)
- Effective delegation and quality control
- Great team player